Minimize our carbon footprint, reduce production waste, recycle, and innovate.
Tukaiz Environmental Impact Statement
With the growing awareness of today’s environmental issues, both businesses and consumers are adjusting their decision making in order to support environmentally responsible practices. At Tukaiz, we continually seek opportunities to improve our environmental impact through new methods, procedures, technologies, equipment, inks and substrates. Tukaiz is committed to our efforts to minimize our carbon footprint, reduce production waste, recycle, and innovate with respect to environmentally responsible opportunities.
We encourage you to utilize our experience and capabilities to help support and compliment your environmentally sustainability initiatives.
2010-2015 Tukaiz Energy Efficiency Savings Project:
Tukaiz completed an energy conservation project to the lighting system throughout the Tukaiz campus. The results make the lighting in all the buildings more energy efficient than the “standard building model” in ASHRAE 90.1-2001, including:
- Installed LED lighting resulting in the following value-added benefits:
- Energy usage related to lighting reduced by 74.89%
- Long life of Seesmart LED products ensures no maintenance for 10.65 years
- Lower wattages and cooler operating temperatures reduce air conditioning costs.
- Tukaiz Energy & Pollution Reductions per EPA:
- 168,214 kWh energy reduced on an annual basis
- 117 tons CO2 / 434 lbs. SO2 / 1,645 lbs. NOX reductions of greenhouse gas on an annual basis
- Tukaiz Conservation Equivalents per EPA:
- 21 cars off the road for one year OR
- 3,004 trees absorbing pollution for 10 years
2016 Tukaiz Recycling
- 487,815 lbs of Paper
- 106,520 lbs of Corrugated
- 4,805 lbs of Mix Plastic
- 7,250 lbs of Aluminum
- 1,840 lbs of Steel
- We research the environmental impact of the equipment & consumables.
- We identify options that help to improve our sustainability efforts without compromising quality and efficiency.
- Utilize soft proofing to save on time, material and shipping.
- When appropriate, utilize UV, Soy or latex based inks or coatings in offset, flatbed and digital printing.
- Apply color management science to assure brand equity on all media types.
Tukaiz Substrates and Chain of Custody:
- Tukaiz has experience printing on green alternative / eco-friendly substrates (recycled content, recyclable, and biodegradable materials).
- Tukaiz is a Chain of Custody (COC) certified supplier since 2008, adhering to a set of standards promoting sustainable forestry management. Tukaiz is audited on an annual basis for COC compliance.
- Forest Stewardship Council (FSC): Tukaiz FSC certificate # BV-COC-080113 / License # FSC C015212
- Sustainable Forestry Initiative (SFI): Tukaiz SFI certificate # BV-SFICOC-US005453-1 / License # SFI-00245